The Chamber brings area businesses and civic leaders together to promote growth and create opportunity in our region. We support our members with practical, inspiring programs, resources, and events. All that we do serves one clear, bold goal: to make Greater Philadelphia a great place for good business.
The Investor Relations/Development Operations Specialist will be an integral part of the Chamber’s new Investor Relations business unit responsible for the Chamber’s major investors and investor prospects—a portfolio of 100 organizations who give $25,000 or more on an annual basis. The Specialist will support the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of the Chamber’s current and prospective major investors with specific attention to administrative elements involved with data and records management, revenue management, investor research and communications. The Specialist will report to the Senior Director of Investor Relations, supporting all members of the Investor Relations team and collaborating cross-departmentally with other areas of the Chamber staff in support of the Chamber’s fundraising and relationship-building goals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
INVESTOR ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT
- Support administrative aspects of investor account management including list development and management, the preparation of customized proposal and reports, recording meeting notes and action steps, and supporting internal meeting follow-up communications and records maintenance within departmental and organizational systems.
- Manage a centralized departmental schedule for solicitation meetings and appeal dates, investor stewardship, and ongoing prospect cultivation, as well as the process for keeping this information accurate and up to date.
- Monitor major investor accounts and activity (internally and externally) regularly to ensure that the Chamber’s external communications and touchpoints are carefully coordinated and that internal stakeholders are informed and aligned.
- Conduct research regularly on current and prospective investors and integrate findings into reports and within the Chamber’s CRM.
- Produce briefing documents with key data points and pertinent information for successful investor management in advance of meetings for the fundraising team and senior leadership.
REVENUE AND CAMPAIGN MANAGEMENT
- Maintain and optimize the department’s fundraising campaign budget and projections reports, tracking commitments received against goal.
- Create and run reports to track key fundraising metrics and year-to-date progress.
- Process investor commitments, invoice requests, and payments, tracking status ensuring files and backup documentation is organized
- Ensure the reconciliation of the department’s fundraising reports with the Finance department and CRM system
CONSTITUENT AND ACTIVITY DATA MANAGEMENT
- Monitor and maintain the integrity of organization-level and individual-level data of complex accounts to ensure data and information is accurate and up-to-date (e.g. contact information, affiliations, interests, etc.)
- Work closely with other departments of the Chamber to support the timely and centralized upkeep of ongoing investor activity and communications
- Work closely with the IT department to optimize the Chamber’s CRM and data stored within for enhanced account management and customer service capabilities.
- Manage the commitment and payment acknowledgement process, ensuring timely and accurate personalized acknowledgments from the Investor Relations department, the President and CEO, and other Chamber leadership.
- Support benefits fulfillment and Investor Stewardship communications, monitoring the Investor Relations general “inbox” and deploying templated communications to investors.
- Support the integrity of the departments shared files and organizational systems
- Other duties as assigned
Essential Job Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- 1-2 years’ prior experience in development, operations, or finance
- Proficient in MS Office (especially Excel, Outlook, and Word) in an Office365 environment. Specific skills of focus include complex list management, building pivot tables, using formulas, working with data tables, and executing mail merges
- Experience in fundraising or sales databases such as Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce, Tessitura, or other comparable CRM
- Strong project management and organizational skills using project management systems such as MS Lists, Asana, or Trello.
- Experience in corporate communications, note taking, and/or customer/donor-centric writing
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize responsibilities in a fast-paced, mission-driven environment
- A self-starter who can work both independently and as part of a team
- Organizational ability and exceptional attention to detail
- Seeks to achieve operational efficiency and process-improvement while preserving a high-quality work product
- Diligence in meeting deadlines and ability to work independently and under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The Chamber provides all the benefits of working for a mid-size business combined with the values and mission focus of a nonprofit. As part of a leading organization in the region’s business community, team members have access to a wide array of resources, connections, and opportunities throughout their career with the Chamber. With 60+ employees, the Chamber is right-sized for new team members to have the support of their talented colleagues, opportunities to lead, and room for personal and professional growth. The Chamber offers its employees a dynamic, fast-paced environment with competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. Learn more about Chamber culture and benefits.
The Chamber is currently working in a hybrid work environment that allows for a flexible work schedule. When in the offices, this individual will work in a typical office environment. On a standard workday, the majority of time is spent sitting at a desk, using the computer and speaking on the phone. However, at times, this role will be required to attend Chamber events or related outside meetings/events on behalf of the Chamber. These meetings/events may take place outside of regular business hours and outside of center city Philadelphia.
Please note that the Chamber requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume.
Apply to: http://chmbr.biz/irvkyndvma
The Chamber of Commerce for Greater Philadelphia is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to building a culturally diverse staff. We strongly encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds.