Winners receive up to $5,000, within a two-year period, that must be used for tuition and course-related expenses required for enrollment or course instruction. Expenses include fees, books, supplies and equipment (e.g. computers). Employees of Chamber members who do not already receive full tuition reimbursement may apply.
Scholarship recipients will be recognized at the Paradigm Award celebration on March 17, 2022.
Applicants for the Paradigm Scholarship for Working Women must meet the following criteria:
- Work as a full-time employee (at least 30 hours per week) for a member company of the Chamber of Commerce for Greater Philadelphia (if you do not know or are not sure if your company is a Chamber member, please visit our online membership directory).
- Have completed at least one year of college (or equivalent of 29 credits) and must be currently enrolled (within the last 18 months) at a two- or four-year accredited institution working towards an undergraduate degree. Masters and advanced degree candidates are NOT eligible for this scholarship.
- Have a minimum of five years of full-time work experience.
- Hold an exemplary work record.
- Submit a copy of your college transcript.
- Submit two letters of recommendation including one from your supervisor at current employer.
- Submit a 200-word essay on why you should be selected as a recipient of the Paradigm Scholarship for Working Women.
- Submit a copy of your employer's tuition reimbursement policy (if they have one).
The following factors are considered when selecting scholarship recipients:
- Current enrollment
- Potential for future success
The application deadline is
December 10, 2021. Extended to December 17, 2021
Complete the following application. Submit two letters of recommendation, your 200-word essay, your transcript, and a copy of your employer's tuition reimbursement policy.
Faxed applications will not be accepted.
Nominations can be saved if partially completed, and returned to at a later time to finish. The nomination form saves your progress automatically; you may close your browser (internet explorer, chrome, etc.) at any time and pick up where you left off. Simply return to this web-page on the same computer and browser in which you began to finish completing your form.
Email: Emily C. Martin