LocationsShowing 1 locationCorp
Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
PHMC is proud to be a leader in public health. PHMC requires that all employees have received the first Covid-19 vaccination dose by the first day of employment. We will offer the Covid-19 vaccination at no cost, via our Health Centers.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for supporting several programs and departments across the organization. Additionally, this individual will assist the administrative team with broader organization-level responsibilities. This position reports to the Operations Manager and will also be accountable to the Directors overseeing programs and departments with which the person holding this position works.
Departments with which this position may work include: Public Health Management Corporation’s Communication and Strategy, Economic Inclusion, Family Services, Nutrition and Active Living, Sexual Reproductive Health, Tobacco Prevention and Control, Training and Capacity Building, or any other department assigned within Health Promotion Services Division. As with all positions, the Administrative Assistant role is contingent upon funding for the project.
- Provides administrative support to assigned programs, including meeting scheduling, purchasing and expense reporting, securing meeting rooms, and communicating with staff and partners
- Assists with contract preparation
- Responsible for Inventory Management, including ordering, tracking and storage
- Attends team meetings and takes minutes when necessary
- Ensures all job assignments are completed according to timeline and priority
- Coordinates and makes travel arrangements for out of town conferences and events
- Uploads data and information in and other database sites to support programmatic needs.
- Assists Project Directors with completing and submitting required reporting
- Updating social media and website, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, and HPC website
- Monitors and assists with responding to online activity and feedback on social media
- Assists HPC and PHMC administrative staff with answering and directing incoming phone calls
- Facilitates and tracks the credentialing and re-credentialing processes for new hires and current employees
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Suite, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Knowledge in Microsoft Visio and Project a plus
- Demonstrated proficiency with website updating and social media
- Strong organizational and time management skills, attention to detail, flexibility and ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Willingness and ability to adapt to changing work demands and to understand and implement all policies and procedures of a complex, multi-service organization
- Personal commitment to promoting and learning about healthy lifestyles
- Ability to handle confidential information in accordance with PHMC policies and procedures
- Proven ability to work under pressure and meet deliverables
- Must be able to lift, stand, bend and carry up to 25 pounds
- Minimum of three years of administrative assistant or office-based work experience preferred
- High School Diploma or GED, required. Bachelor’s Degree, preferred
- Commensurate with education and experience.
- Grade: 15
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
- This position is classified as salaried non-exempt in accordance to FLSA standards.
High School or better
Bachelors or better.