The Chamber brings area businesses and civic leaders together to promote growth and create opportunity in our region. We support our members with practical, inspiring programs, resources, and events. All that we do serves one clear, bold goal: to make Greater Philadelphia a great place for good business.
We are currently seeking an Administrative Assistant to provide support to the Chamber’s Executive Office, Civic Affairs and Advocacy business units to help ensure efficient, effective and timely operations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate and maintain daily calendars, including scheduling meetings, conference calls, zoom calls, and speaking engagements. Includes sending meeting notices, reserving meeting space, arranging audiovisual equipment and food services, confirming appointments and making travel arrangements as needed for Civic Affairs and Advocacy.
- Support the Office of the President, Civic Affairs, and Advocacy at Chamber events; send meeting notices, track registrations, prepare attendance lists and name tags for guests at events, provide support at the greeting desk for programs/events and other activities.
- Support Advocacy in preparation of materials for the monthly Policy Research and Legislation Committee (PRLC) calls.
- Track and reconcile event sponsorship details for Civic Affairs and Advocacy events with Member Engagement and Finance business units, reporting out on a monthly basis.
- Send ChamberPHL PAC solicitation letters; track and reconcile pledges and contributions. Attend and take minutes for all ChamberPHL PAC Board meetings. File both City of Philadelphia and Pennsylvania quarterly lobbying reports and ensure the Chamber is in compliance with all local and state laws.
- Originate, edit, manage, produce and properly track correspondence. This includes, but is not limited to, thank you letters, congratulatory letters, letters of introduction and invitation, recommendations and endorsements.
- Compose confidential correspondence, memos, and reports as instructed and prepare mail merges for mass mailings. Coordinate mailings with Office Services.
- General administrative support, including opening, sorting and distributing incoming mail; file maintenance; preparing materials for meetings; ordering office supplies; submitting orders for letterhead and business cards, and tracking and handling the renewal of all executive memberships and subscriptions.
- Manage all sponsorship requests from external organizations. This includes obtaining approvals, coordinating ad copy and art deadlines, ensuring payment, and tracking activity. If the request includes tickets to an event, identifying appropriate guests and communicating relevant information to attendees.
- Support budget allocation process, prepare and submit travel and expense reports, prepare check requests including coding expenses for payment and submit to finance in a timely fashion.
- Assist with coordinating special events for the President & CEO
- Under the direction of the President, assist Business Development and Member Engagement to help engage prospects and members.
- Represent the Chamber through phone and online correspondence; greet and assist visiting guests to meetings in conference rooms.
- Serve as a back-up for the Executive Assistant when she is out of office.
- Support other Chamber administrative needs as necessary.
Job Specifications & Requirements
- A dedicated focus on serving as a professional administrative assistant.
- Administrative certification degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Basic knowledge of and ability to communicate effectively with the region's business, civic, community and academic leaders.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects; flexibility to adjust to changing priorities.
- Strong work ethic; approaches work with a sense of purpose and urgency.
- Ability to exercise discretion and deal discreetly with highly confidential information.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Good sense of judgment and ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- A positive, “can do” attitude with a willingness to take extra steps to deliver results.
- Proficiency with MS Office products, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
The Chamber provides all the benefits of working for a mid-size business combined with the values and mission focus of a nonprofit. As part of a leading organization in the region’s business community, team members have access to a wide array of resources, connections, and opportunities throughout their career with the Chamber. With 50+ employees, the Chamber is right-sized for new team members to have the support of their talented colleagues, opportunities to lead, and room for personal and professional growth. The Chamber offers its employees a dynamic, fast-paced environment with competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. Learn more about Chamber culture and benefits.
The Chamber is currently working 100% remotely. Once we re-enter our offices, the Administrative Assistant will work in a typical office environment. On a standard work day, the majority of time is spent sitting at a desk, using the computer and speaking on the phone. However, at times, this role will be required to attend Chamber events or related outside meetings/events on behalf of the Chamber. These meetings/events may take place outside of regular business hours and outside of center city Philadelphia.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume.
Apply to: http://chmbr.biz/zqgnnlkuqn
The Chamber of Commerce for Greater Philadelphia is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to building a culturally diverse staff. We strongly encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds.