LocationsShowing 1 locationCorp
Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
PHMC is proud to be a leader in public health. PHMC requires that all employees have received the first Covid-19 vaccination dose by the first day of employment. We will offer the Covid-19 vaccination at no cost, via our Health Centers.
Health Promotion Council (HPC) requires a full-time Coordinator to implement Advocacy Institute programming. The Advocacy Institute (Ai) is a twelve-week youth empowerment and training program operated out of HPC that works as an engine for both individual and community empowerment. Youth are empowered to identify issues in their community in need of change and are taught a variety of public health advocacy skills, such as policy-development, media advocacy, and community mapping to address them. Before graduation, teens acquire the experiences, skills and values needed to complete an “action project.” This project utilizes their new-found confidence and knowledge, and the support of the Ai community, to create sustainable change in their community. As graduates, our youth become members of the Advocacy Institute Alumni Network which provides ongoing training, professional development, and support to continue their youth-led advocacy work.
The Ai Coordinator will work in conjunction with the other Ai Coordinators and the Ai Program Manager to coordinate all aspects of Ai, including recruitment, facilitation, oversight of Ai Peer Coaches.
- Recruit and facilitate 1-2 Ai Cohorts per year.
- Responsible for preparing and updating materials for the Ai cohorts under the direction of the Ai Program Manager.
- Assist with supervision and coordination of Peer Coaches during office hours.
- Provide instruction and guidance to Peer Coaches in conducting youth led programming (special events, meetings, community service, social events, etc.).
- Identify, develop, and maintain Philadelphia and Pennsylvania partnerships with youth serving schools and organizations to push forward the Ai youth empowerment agenda.
- Identify and plan for guest speakers.
- Contribute to the e-newsletter and resource emails for scholarship opportunities, job postings, Ai Alumni activities, and volunteer and professional development opportunities, etc.
- Co-facilitate monthly Ai Alumni meetings.
- Work alongside Ai team members in partnership with Youth Services Inc. to plan the annual Rise & Dream Philly Teen Conference.
- Work closely with Peer Coaches to recruit Alumni Members as volunteers and participants for the Rise & Dream Philly Teen Conference.
- Work closely with Peer Coaches and alumni to continue and expand Ai action projects to the satisfaction of funders.
- Work closely with the Ai team to promote all related program events, projects and campaigns through Ai Alumni.
- Assess needs of individual students and entire group to further develop strategic plan for Ai programming.
- Work with HPC tobacco team members to pilot new Ai cohorts and train the trainer models in Philadelphia, Southeastern Pennsylvania and other assigned regions.
- Assist with activities to build the capacity of the Ai initiatives and programming.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly PowerPoint, and other potential multi-media platforms for developing and conducting online presentations.
- Expert knowledge of Google Suite, particularly Google Classroom.
- Expert personal organizational skills
- Expert knowledge of various social media platforms and tools
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent technical/computer skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- 1-2 years of experience working with youth
- 1-2 years of experience in community organization
- Passion for Youth-led and project-oriented work
- Bachelor's degree in Public Health, Communications and/or related field.
- Grade 18
Bachelors or better.