Interim House West Facilities, Inc. is a single asset nonprofit corporation that owns and manages the building occupied by PHMC's Interim House West program, one of the few residential substance abuse treatment programs in Philadelphia for women and their children. Completed in 2002, Interim House West's facility was the first commercial construction project in Philadelphia's East Parkside neighborhood in over 80 years.
The program, located at 4108 East Parkside Avenue, provides substance abuse treatment for 20 women and cares for up to 45 of their children at any given time.
We are currently hiring for full-time and part-time Childcare Aide's to assist in the implementation of daily activities at Interim House West under the guidance of the Activities/Recreational Coordinator.
Report to: Activities/Recreational Coordinator
- Assist in the implementation of daily activities under the guidance of the Activities/Recreational Coordinator.
- Participate in weekly children’s services staff meetings with Activities/Recreational Coordinator.
- Valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License
- Ability to interact with staff and clients in a professional and courteous manner
- Good judgment and problem solving skills
- Highly organized, with excellent time management skills
- Strong professional boundaries and interpersonal and communications skills
- Emotional stability and personal adjustment to act as a role-model for residents
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Punctuality and reliability required
- Ability to implement and support IHW treatment philosophy
- Associates degree in Early Childhood Education preferred. High School diploma or GED required.