About The Bicycle Coalition of Greater Philadelphia
Through advocacy and education, the Bicycle Coalition of Greater Philadelphia (BCGP) leads the movement to make bicycling safe and fun for anyone who wants to ride in our region. Our 2030 vision is that anyone in Greater Philadelphia can enjoy a safe and fun bike ride on a network of connected Circuit Trails, bike lanes, and low-stress streets. Bicycling has become an easy option for transportation and recreation, connecting people to each other, their neighborhoods and the region. We believe that people from all racial and economic backgrounds should have access to safe, healthy and affordable transportation options in the communities where they live, work, learn, and play. Our team works every day to create a world-class bicycling city and region by becoming an organization and leading a movement that represents the diversity of the communities we serve.
Purpose and General Description
The Marketing & Communications Manager is responsible for overseeing and executing communications strategies across platforms that represent all aspects of the Bicycle Coalition’s work, including city policy & advocacy; regional policy & advocacy; Bicycle Coalition membership & community building; Better Bike Share Partnership involvement; Bicycle Coalition Youth Cycling programming; virtual and in-person events; and our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion work. Candidates should have experience writing, problem solving and researching, with the desire to learn and contribute to a fast-paced, growing team.This position will report to the Development Director and serve as a member of the Development Team.
Principal Duties Include
- Develop high-impact communications products (e.g., newsletters, blogs, press releases,, presentations, website content, flyers, emails, surveys, external facing documents, and award submissions etc.) across a portfolio of business models.
- Manage and execute multi-faceted, integrated marketing campaigns (e.g., email, social media, marketing partnerships, events, videos, podcasts, website and intranet updates) in addition to journey development and content creation.
- Employ the full range of communications tools including digital, social, visual, presentations, and written remarks.
- Proactively drive projects from concept to completion.
- Adopt and enhance company’s voice and messaging
- Design work using Adobe Suite to Design, digital and print pieces, Champion Circle Appeals, save the date graphics, invitation graphics, event graphics and other design work as necessary
Experience And Education Qualifications
- Four (4) year undergraduate degree
- At least 3-5 years of experience within non-profit marketing
- Experience working with CRM and Donor Management software (Salesforce is preferred, Raiser’s Edge, Donor Perfect)
- Experience with managing and using social media platforms, Google Docs, email marketing software, and MS Office.
- Ability to give and receive positive and negative feedback to/from team members,
- High degree of personal initiative, with an approach of introducing new ideas and a fresh perspective.
- Ability to take direction and execute on plans.
- Ability to work independently, providing relevant updates to leaders, communicating about anticipated challenges and roadblocks, problem-solving.
- Have broad experience in leading programs or campaigns.
- The ability to understand our business model and different marketing goals.
- Experience in crafting a clear and distinct voice for brands
- Ability to deliver work on multiple projects and competing deadlines
- Ability to foster creativity and turn insights and conversations into ideas
- Exceptional proofreading and editing skills
- Positive, proactive and can-do attitude
- Commitment to the mission, goals and programs of the Bicycle Coalition of Greater Philadelphia with the ability to present them effectively and encourage support.
- Ability to work some weekend and evening hours.
- Knowledge of the national and local business community, cycling community, cycling industry preferred.
- Experience in event marketing communications..
- Experience with youth development programs and ride logistics a plus.
- Generous Vacation and PTO offered, 11 Holidays
- Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
- Dental – Vision – Life, Disability Insurance – 401(k) Plan with company match!
All interested candidates should send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org An up-to-date resume (no longer than 2 pages)
- A 1-page cover letter explaining why you are interested in working at BCGP and what makes you a good fit for the communications role. Be sure to relay your story, and not just your professional attributes.
- References will be requested as the hiring process moves forward.
- Email subject should read: “[last name] Communications Manager application”
We thank all applicants; we will contact only those selected for interview The Bicycle Coalition is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or gender identity, disability, sex or age.