Philadelphia, PA, US, 19146
Location: LOC_ROBERTS-Roberts Ctr Pediatric Research
Req ID: 151037
Employment Status: Regular - Full Time
This role provides case management services to youth and families, therapy to individuals and groups and participates in other program activities as appropriate.
Provide Case Management Services
- Conduct consent processes and client intakes to identify service goals & case management
• Provide case management services to youth and families including connection to community resources, medical follow-ups, substance abuse or mental health treatment, school transitions / transfers / programs, housing, recreation, legal services / support, job training / placement and parenting education / support
• Ensure quality comprehensive treatment to clients and families; Adhere to medical-legal reporting requirements Complete documentation and data entry including intake and encounter / consent forms including applicable confidentiality guidelines and relevant law, collaborate with CHOP Primary Care Centers, health and human service professionals and other community agencies
• Collaborate with health and human service professionals and community agencies in order to ensure compliance and comprehensive treatment to clients and families
• Maintain regular participant interaction and contact including program meetings, court hearings, school visits, psychiatric evaluations, and client therapy sessions.
• Arrange client transportation to attend services
• Adjust and redefine goals for clients as needed throughout involvement in the program
• Independently manages a case load of clients. Organizes workload and sets priorities based on client care needs
• Complete documentation in appropriate databases, including intake and consent forms, encounter forms, data, etc. in a timely manner that is legible, accurate, and organized according to department, hospital and legal standard
Participate in related Program activities
- Maintain relationships with and present programs to internal and external audiences
• Stay current on local activities to leverage program activities
• Participate in regular team meetings and case reviews
• Identify barriers and contribute to initiatives to improve service delivery
• Work with supervisor to refine program materials and procedures as needed
• Participate in research projects associated with the social programs
• Recognize professional strengths and areas for growth and be accountable for development and enhancement of professional practice skills
• Other duties as assigned
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
DRL - Driver's License
Required Education and Experience
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Three (3) years of social work related experience
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
Preferred Education: Master’s degree
- Three (3) years of experience in a healthcare related environment
- Previous Experience working with children and diverse populations
Preferred Licenses/certificates/registrations: Licensed Social Worker (LSW)
Additional Technical Requirements
- Basic proficiency with data management systems.
- Basic knowledge of trauma-informed care.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent critical thinking / problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism
- Ability to collaborate with stakeholders at all levels
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146