The Chamber brings area businesses and civic leaders together to promote growth and create opportunity in our region. We support our members with practical, inspiring programs, resources, and events. All that we do serves one clear, bold goal: to make Greater Philadelphia a great place for good business.
Primary Position Purpose
We are currently seeking a Coordinator of Economic Competitiveness who is responsible for supporting the Economic Competitiveness Team in advancing the Chamber’s efforts to attract and expand companies, capital, and talent in the Greater Philadelphia region. In addition, the role will support the engagement of C-Suite leaders from Chamber members, partners, and investors in these efforts to build on and amplify the region’s competitive advantages and accelerate equitable economic growth. This role currently reports to the Senior Vice President of Economic Competitiveness.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Meeting Coordination and Execution: Manage the preparation for and execution of key leadership meetings including the CEO Council for Growth, other high-level leadership meetings and gatherings including agenda and material development, talking points, and slides
- General Communication and Material Development: Coordinate communications to key leadership tables and materials about their programs of work including drafting communications and invitations, meeting summaries and action items, and letters of support
- Tech Talent Initiative Coordination: Lead project coordination for technology talent initiative which is focused on initiatives that will increase the total supply and diversity of the region's tech workforce
- Special Project Coordination: Support activities related to the overall success of the Economic Competitiveness department including leadership engagement tables, new initiatives, production of reports, and progress reporting
- Represent Economic Competitiveness on internal cross-functional team(s) as needed
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with 4-6 years of relevant work experience
- Exceptional interpersonal abilities; professional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize responsibilities in a fast-paced, mission-driven environment
- A self-starter who can work both independently and as part of a team
- Organizational ability and exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent follow-up / follow-through skills
- Computer proficiencies in Windows, MS Office, including Word, Access, Excel and Outlook
- Strong work ethic; approaches work with a sense of purpose and urgency
- A collaborative spirit
The Chamber provides all the benefits of working for a mid-size business combined with the values and mission focus of a nonprofit. As part of a leading organization in the region’s business community, team members have access to a wide array of resources, connections, and opportunities throughout their career with the Chamber. With 60+ employees, the Chamber is right-sized for new team members to have the support of their talented colleagues, opportunities to lead, and room for personal and professional growth. The Chamber offers its employees a dynamic, fast-paced environment with competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. Learn more about Chamber culture and benefits. Learn more about Chamber culture and benefits.
The Chamber is currently working in a hybrid work environment that allows for a flexible work schedule. When in the offices, this individual will work in a typical office environment. On a standard workday, the majority of time is spent sitting at a desk, using the computer and speaking on the phone. However, at times, this role will be required to attend Chamber events or related outside meetings/events on behalf of the Chamber. These meetings/events may take place outside of regular business hours and outside of center city Philadelphia.
Please note that the Chamber requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume with their application.
Apply to: http://chmbr.biz/aeewkahytz
The Chamber of Commerce for Greater Philadelphia is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to building a culturally diverse staff. We strongly encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds.