Center in the Park seeks motivated, team-oriented supervisor with background in social services supervision to provide supervision of and leadership to the Social Services and Housing Department and its programs: In-Home Services, Neighborhood Energy Center, Service Coordinators, Housing Counselors, volunteers, interns and ensure the programs’ proper administration and compliance.
· Meet internal and external reporting requirements.
· Maintain fiscal responsibility of programs for all Social Services and Housing grants and contracts as appropriate.
· Provide appropriate supervision to accountable staff.
· Provide performance evaluations for direct reports as specified in the Human Resources Guidebook.
· Attend Board of Directors committee meetings and staff Leadership Team meetings.
· Reviews incoming referrals and oversees case assignment.
· Reviews and edits monthly spending reports and outcomes reports.
· Monitors applicable procedures and budget.
Serves as the Neighborhood Energy Center (NEC) Manager responsible for oversight of NEC activities, reporting, and contractual compliance.
· Participates in program planning and the development and implementation of new social service initiatives.
· Provide supervisory consultation through weekly supervisory sessions.
· Meets reporting requirements of various contractors and/or grantors.
· Convenes regular staff meetings.
· Assist in hiring and training of new Social Services staff.
· Maintains responsibility for defining, developing and arranging training for staff.
· Provides coverage in the absence of Social Services staff.
· Provides supervision to service coordinators and oversees related contracts
· Participates in Center related activities.
· Serves as agency representative on community committees.
· Attends trainings as necessary and integrates new knowledge and skill into practice.
· Supervises students and volunteers when appropriate.
· Coordinates special projects as needed.
Masters required. MSW, MSS or related field preferred
Knowledge in aging issues and resources preferred.
Experience in social work supervision preferred.
Knowledge of or experience with Housing counseling preferred.
Proficient in MS Office Applications.
Ability to relate to people regardless of race, age, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, ancestry, creed, educational level, physical or mental or physical disability.
Effective supervision skills.
Ability to plan, evaluate and address needs of clients, housing and social services staff , and the social service programs.
Excellent organizational and financial management skills.
Ability to manage multiple tasks within specific time frames.
Well developed interpersonal, communication, and written skills.
Ability to relate to all people regardless of race, age, religion, ancestry, sex, sexual preference, educational level, physical or mental handicap.