The Chamber brings area businesses and civic leaders together to promote growth and create opportunity in our region. We support our members with practical, inspiring programs, resources, and events. All that we do serves one clear, bold goal: to make Greater Philadelphia a great place for good business.
We are currently seeking an Employer Engagement Associate to join the team and assist in the coordination of the Chamber’s talent and workforce development initiatives.
The Employer Engagement Associate reports to the Manager, Leadership Engagement.
Top Talent = Regional economic growth:
The Chamber is committed to convening and leading our members and the business community at-large through the long overdue culture shift taking place to combat the racial inequities that still persist in our society. A key step towards an inclusive economy is the need to provide opportunities for all of our region’s residents and partner to prepare individuals for in-demand jobs. In doing so, we will also assure that employers are building strong and diverse talent pipelines.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The primary purpose of this position is to assist with the relationship building with employers to increase their connections to the many resources of the workforce system. Ultimately, our goal is to add value to Chamber members in their talent attraction, development and retention efforts. The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
Employer Engagement Associate primary roles
- Assist the Manager, Leadership Engagement, in the development and execution of the Chamber’s two industry focused talent collaboratives:
- Life Science (with a specific focus on Cell and Gene Therapy)
- Energy and Infrastructure
- Assist the Manager, Leadership Engagement, to inform Chamber members about the various workforce solutions in Greater Philadelphia with a specific focus on recruitment for Philadelphia Skills Forward and employer engagement in providing experiential work opportunities for Philadelphia youth.
- Collect detailed information about the workforce goals and needs of employers and specifically the industry Collaborative members
- Research examples from other marketplaces to identify best-practices for the work
- Develop an understanding and catalog of the workforce development landscape in Greater Philadelphia to support the initiatives
- Attend various meetings as directed
- Attend Chamber events and other relevant events to network and make connections and introductions
- Manage and track interactions with Chamber members, elected and appointed officials, other Action Team participants, and local partner organizations through the Chamber’s information management system.
- Assist in the development of content/agendas for meetings, draft meeting notes, send meeting notifications and track attendance, support the briefing of volunteer leaders for their meeting participation.
- These engagements will include but are not limited to:
- Collaborative meetings
- Employer roundtables
- Meetings with targeted employers
- Employer interviews
Marketing and communications
- Draft correspondence as needed and identify and share content with the Marketing & Creative Services team for social media, website and newsletters.
- Monitor social media outlets for relevant information and share with Chamber marketing team.
Organizational and regional collaboration
- Collaborate with other local and regional organizations working to improve Greater Philadelphia’s workforce.
- Collaborate with Chamber business units to support projects that achieve the organization’s mission.
- Support Talent programs and partnerships across the Chamber that connect employers to workers.
- Engage with regional entities to understand relocation and expansion projects, and the talent needs associated with them.
- Contribute to the overall chamber mission through information sharing and collaboration.
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned.
Job Specifications & Requirements
- A minimum of two years of experience in local or regional economic development, association management, member relations, trade associations or related workforce development.
- Organizational skills and success managing and prioritizing multiple priorities, projects, and deadlines in a team environment, with flexibility to adjust to changing priorities.
- Diligence in meeting deadlines and ability to work independently and under pressure
- Strategic thinker with an innate curiosity
- Ability to create, strengthen, and leverage network of relevant relationships.
- Experience interacting with C-level leaders and building relationships within the business community.
- Experience planning and executing meetings or events.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with database management systems and Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Strong work ethic; approaches work with a sense of purpose and urgency.
The Chamber provides all the benefits of working for a mid-size business combined with the values and mission focus of a nonprofit. As part of a leading organization in the region’s business community, team members have access to a wide array of resources, connections, and opportunities throughout their career with the Chamber. With 50+ employees, the Chamber is right-sized for new team members to have the support of their talented colleagues, opportunities to lead, and room for personal and professional growth. The Chamber offers its employees a dynamic, fast-paced environment with competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. Learn more about Chamber culture and benefits.
The Chamber is currently working 100% remotely. After Labor Day, we will return to the office and the Chamber will offer flexible working arrangements. On a standard work day, the majority of time is spent sitting at a desk, using the computer and speaking on the phone. However, at times, this role will be required to attend Chamber events or related outside meetings/events on behalf of the Chamber. These meetings/events may take place outside of regular business hours and outside of Center City Philadelphia.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume.
Apply to: http://chmbr.biz/gitxunlymt
The Chamber of Commerce for Greater Philadelphia is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to building a culturally diverse staff. We strongly encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds.