Spectrum Health, a world-class community health center that proudly cares, values, and serves its community is in search of a dynamic Family Medicine-Nurse Practitioner who cares about, values, and is dedicated to world-class healthcare service delivery. If this is you, come work your life's passion at Spectrum and earn your living where your heart is!
Nationally recognized as a Level-3 Patient-Centered Medical Home, the highest designation for health centers, Spectrum Community Health Center provides the highest level of care improving the health conditions and advancing health equity within our communities through the delivery of quality primary care, specialty, and social services.
We are the leading provider of world-class healthcare in our communities providing quality, safe, and effective care in an efficient, equitable, and timely fashion. We serve as a model of success for the other Federally Quality Health Center.
Spectrum employees make a different each and every day, each and every time, and in each and every encounter, A Spectrum encounter will touch a soul and heal a heart. Today at Spectrum, someone will deliver hopeful news; someone will provide comfort, reassurance, and assistance. At Spectrum someone will smile, welcome, and be happy to see you.
The incumbent FNP provides comprehensive primary care services for patients of all ages by performing the following functions.
- Provides outpatient services for all patients registered to Spectrum Health Services, Inc.
- Provide for the non-obstetrical needs of the site’s adult and pediatric population
- Examines patients for symptoms or physical information
- Follow up on abnormal laboratory results
- Reviews patient’s medical record, including allergies, problems, medications, and immunization status
- Elicits and records information about patient’s medical history
- Conducts physical examinations to provide information needed for health wellness, admission to school, consideration for jobs, or eligibility for insurance coverage.
- Documents the patients visit including physical exam, diagnoses, and plan of action.
- Provides gynecological examinations to our adult females as a part of their annual physical examinations as needed.
- Promotes health by advising patients about diet, hygiene, and methods for preventing of disease.
- Refers patient’s to medical specialist for consultant services when necessary for patients well being
- Confers with staff of other agencies, hospitals, schools and community services to establish and maintain continuity of care.
- Responds to and assists with any medical emergencies that may occur at the site.
- Assists in establishing of clinical protocols for Spectrum Health Services, Inc
- Participates in Quality Improvement activities and peer review activities as required.
- Participates in rotation of after clinic hours for telephone coverage including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Three to five years’ experience in an ambulatory setting preferred
- RN required.
- Current Registered Nurse License.
- A master’s degree in Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner Program (CRNP) required.
- Board Certified in Family Medicine
- A CRNP certification required.
- Current DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration) Certificate
- Current driver’s license required
- Current CME’s required
- BLS certification required
We believe that world class care for our patients starts with world class care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. It includes a 100% employer paid medical deductible plan. We offer comprehensive and competitive compensation, tuition reimbursement, loan forgiveness eligibility, paid time off, and Holidays. Spectrum is actively engaged with its employees who are genuinely committed to our mission and values. Together we will sustain a world class community center dedicate to advancing health and transforming live through care, value and how we serve.
Make Your Money Where Your Heat Is
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.