Riverside Organizing is hiring field organizers for a large-scale volunteer mobilization and issue advocacy campaign it is conducting on behalf of the Conservation Voters of Pennsylvania (CVPA). Riverside Organizing field organizers recruit and train volunteer teams who work with local leaders, organizations, and diverse communities. The field organizers and their teams address environmental issues affecting their communities and advance agendas and policies that fight climate change and promote clean energy. Riverside Organizing field organizers will join an already powerful network of volunteers and activists to execute grassroots advocacy and accountability campaigns and hold a wide range of events and trainings to amplify public support for equitable and just climate policies and solutions.
Conservation Voters of Pennsylvania serves as the political voice of the state’s conservation community, working to make sure Pennsylvania’s elected officials stand up for our public health, natural resources, and shared sustainable future. Conservation Voters of PA elects climate champions and environmental leaders to statewide office and strives for a conservation majority in state government. We secure good public policies on the state level by evaluating, endorsing, and electing public officials based on their commitment to environmental issues. Together, we have developed a powerful volunteer organizing structure engaging thousands of volunteers to make phone calls, canvas, attend events and advocate on behalf of climate action. CVPA’s priority is to ensure our efforts to protect and advocate for the environment are rooted in a deep understanding of racial, social and environmental justice. We prioritize racial diversity and inclusivity as core values and are committed to creating opportunities for low-income communities and communities of color to participate in the democratic process. Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, travel is strongly discouraged and all duties will be performed remotely. Once safe to do so, the position will be based in Philadelphia, PA. To learn more about Conservation Voters of PA, visit: https://www.conservationpa.org/about
Skills and Experience:
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment.
- Successful experience working with teams representing a rich mix of talent, backgrounds and perspectives.
- 1+ cycles of electoral campaign experience, community, issue, labor or political organizing a plus.
- Fluency in VAN, Microsoft Office Suite; other field and digital tools a plus.
- Experience building online communities on social media; utilizing digital organizing tools such as peer-to-peer texting or relational organizing tools a plus.
- Recruit, mobilize and train a diverse group of volunteers in issue advocacy and grassroots organizing campaigns.
- Track all volunteer outreach and engagement in VAN and submit daily reports.
- Plan and execute organizing online and in-person organizing actions, events and trainings, including phone banks and canvasses.
- Develop relationships with environmental advocates, and other progressive leaders in the community and work with them on events and activities.
- Foster partnerships with racial justice and equity groups on environmental issues in their communities.
- Utilize digital, social media and organizing skills to build community support for climate action, including peer-to-peer texting and other digital tools.
- Share a commitment and the cultural competency to increase racial diversity in our movement.
- Integrating justice and equity into the work we do and ensuring an inclusive office culture.
- Have a passion for protecting communities most impacted by climate change and environmental injustice.
- Work hours varied from standard office hours and include Saturdays.
- Have your own reliable transportation.
Duration: This position is full-time, salaried and temporary.
To apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to HR@riversideorg.com.
No calls please. Riverside Organizing is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace