Spectrum Health, a world-class community health center that cares, values, and serves its community is in search of a Health Index Specialist who cares about, values, and is dedicated to world-class healthcare service delivery. If this is you, come work your life's passion and earn your living where your heat is.
Nationally Recognized as a Level-3 Patient-Centered Medical Home, the highest designation for health centers, Spectrum community health centers provide the highest level of care to patients thereby, improving the health conditions and advancing health equity for those we serve within our communities through the delivery of primary care, specialty, and social services.
Spectrum is the leading provider of world-class healthcare in our communities providing quality, safe, and effective care in an efficient, equitable, and timely fashion. We serve as a model of success for the other Federally Quality Health Center.
Spectrum employees make a different each and every day, each and every time, and in each and every encounter. A Spectrum encounter will touch a soul and heal a heart. Today at Spectrum, someone will deliver hopeful news; someone will provide comfort, reassurance, and assistance. At Spectrum someone will smile, welcome, and be happy to see you.
The Health Index Specialist participates as an integral member of the health index management team by ensuring the quality maintenance of health care information within all laws, rules, and regulations of federal and state licensing agencies, and the HRSA standards for the quality of patient care. The Medical Index Specialist must maintain a strong patient/customer focus that supports the delivery of the highest quality of care and shares a passion for patient and customer centered care to assist in exceeding patient satisfaction. The primary purpose of the position is to coordinate the health index process in the practice inclusive of scanning, filing, fulfilling medical information requests, and patient/customer service.
Health Index Essential Functions:
- Perform clerical tasks such as photocopying, faxing, mailing, sorting, or distributing documents
- Create and process patient records, identify and correct errors in reports, maintaining confidentiality and accuracy of patient record information, filing, and organizing
- Issue medical files to persons and agencies according to laws and regulations
- Preparing invoices
- Help with departmental audits and investigations
- Maintain quality and accurate records by following policies and procedures
- Ensure patient charts, paperwork and reports are completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Assist Health index Lead with the completion of various comprehensive HEDIS audits
- Transfer patient record information into the EMR system when appropriate
- Immediately destroy incoming patient information that does not pertain to our organization and notify the sender via fax and/or phone of the error
- Make sure all medical records are kept confidential and are safely stored
- Ensure all buckets related to medical records are keep up to date
- Assist with the obtaining legacy information as it relates to data not easily accessible in current EMR system
- Other duties as assigned
EQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Customer service experience; ideally within a healthcare setting
- Education: Accredited high school diploma
- Ability to read, write, and perform simple mathematical functions
- Computer skills and average typing speed
- Warm and friendly demeanor
TYPICAL PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
- Frequent mobility and/or sitting required for extended periods of time. Some bending, lifting, and stooping required
- Full range of body motion, including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination
- Manual dexterity to operate keyboard, calculator, and photocopier
- Involvement with coworkers, management, physicians, staff, center personnel, and patients. Occasional high stress work may require dealing with demanding patients and/or personnel.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Clean environment in a community health care center.
ATTENDANCE AND RELIABILITY:
- Does not abuse or take advantage of sick time. Regular attendance is a necessity.
- Reports to work as scheduled and can complete all functions of the job.
- Always provides proper notification and advance notice of absences.
- Reports to work, is at the assigned station, and ready to work at proper start time.
- Returns from 30-minute lunch on time.
- Maintains a well-groomed, appropriate appearance.
- Maintains a clean, well-kept work area.
- Performs other duties as required by Team Leads or members of the management team.