American Paradigm Schools
8101 Castor Avenue Philadelphia, PA 19152
Discovering Excellence Through Cultivating Differences
American Paradigm Schools are dedicated to equity and excellence for all learners, while celebrating the uniqueness of our communities. Our values drive our dedication to providing a world class education.
Position: Maintenance Support
Position type: Full Time
Position location (School):
Reports to: Director of Facilities
Employment status: Non-Exempt
Employment duration: 12 months
Performs work of a general custodial nature including mopping, dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, emptying wastebaskets, washing windows, walls and woodwork. Painting; removing garbage; changing light bulbs; unclogging drains; may shovel and sand walks as appropriate.
- Clean and scrub rest rooms.
- Prepare rooms for meetings and programs.
- Work may involve the use of mechanical equipment.
- Notifies supervisor concerning the need for major repairs or additions to lighting, heating, and ventilation equipment.
- Employee works from specific instructions and is expected to perform duties independently.
- Assemble and move furniture
- Ability to answer alarm calls after hours
- Light carpentry
- Plumbing and electrical
- Maintain a trash free campus
- Spot cleanups
- Employee must travel between school campuses and must hold a valid drivers license.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Written Comprehension
- Oral Expression
- Organizational skills
- Minor electrical and plumbing skills
- Basic computer skills
Education and certifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Able to obtain all required clearances (PA Criminal Background, FBI fingerprints, Childline)
- Operating Mechanical Equipment
- Lifting 50-75 lbs
- Moving up and down from a seated position
- Walking up and down stairs
American Paradigm Schools are Caring School Communities.
Relationships are the foundation of classroom and school life and underpin teaching, learning, and prosocial development. Building relationships and fostering students' sense of community are a critical part of our work at APS and as such, we have partnered with the Collaborative Classroom to implement the Caring School Community Model in all of our schools.
Caring School Community model builds positive classroom and schoolwide communities while developing students' social and emotional learning (SEL) skills and competencies. It is designed to help students become caring, responsible members of their school communities and, ultimately, to grow into humane, principled, and skilled citizens of a democratic society. The lessons in the program help faculty and staff create a warm, safe, and disciplined school environment where all community members can develop the skills and dispositions they need to interact constructively with others.
All employees at American Paradigm Schools are expected to be true champions of the Caring School Community Program.