The Chamber brings area businesses and civic leaders together to promote growth and create opportunity in our region. We support our members with practical, inspiring programs, resources, and events. All that we do serves one clear, bold goal: to make Greater Philadelphia a great place for good business.
As the leader of the in-house Marketing & Creative Services team, the Marketing Director works collaboratively across all units of the Chamber and with external vendors to deliver all of the organization’s marketing and mass communications collateral.
The Director ensures the production of compelling marketing materials and strategies to support the mission, promotion, and development of the Chamber of Commerce for Greater Philadelphia and its discrete business units and Councils (including the Arts + Business Council, CEO Council for Growth, Select Greater Philadelphia Council, and Young Professionals Council). Reporting to the Vice President of Member Support, the Marketing Director manages projects across a number of subject areas and disciplines.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervise the Chamber’s Marketing & Creative Services team with varying degrees of experience and technical expertise. Work closely with the managers of each functional area through goal-setting, performance management, and mentorship, with oversight of projects performed by these positions and their teams. Manage expenses and budgets.
- Manage the development of marketing strategies and assist in the creation of materials for Chamber programs, events, and initiatives, including copy, taglines, marketing plans and schedules, email marketing materials, social media content, and promotional kits.
- Establish benchmarks for key marketing performance metrics and continuously measure performance. Perform analytic reviews and translate results into actionable insights for marketing team and business unit leaders.
- Develop and manage relationships with outside vendors to execute both ongoing and limited scope projects.
- Support the development, refinement, and adherence to brand guidelines across all Chamber properties, ensuring a clear, consistent, and professional image.
- Serve as the lead for the Chamber’s suite of websites and coordinate major redesigns and updates to ChamberPHL.com, ArtsBusinessPHL.com, CEOCouncilforGrowth.com, SelectGreaterPHL.com, and ypcPHL.com.
- Oversee social media activities across the Chamber and its Councils, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Plan and oversee the Chamber’s recurring communications, including defining content areas, timing, and assigning features.
- Manage and track occasional ad buys and other paid media broadly for the Chamber and its Councils and provide project management, guidance, and/or support for advertising managed by external vendors.
- Act as lead writer and/or project manager for special or complex projects such as custom sponsorship proposals, reports, and advertising campaigns.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or communications
- Eight or more years of experience working in a marketing role with leadership and supervisory experience.
- Superb understanding of the mechanics of writing; an expert editor with experience writing web and advertising copy.
- Experience developing social media content for a business or nonprofit
- Experience using WordPress or a similar website content management platform.
- Solid knowledge of website and marketing analytics tools
- Strong project management skills; experience using a project management tool such as Asana or Cayzu is a plus.
- Proficiencies in MS Office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Experience with Hubspot a plus.
- Recruit and manage the development of a team of five professionals
- Client-focused with a collaborative approach to developing content
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to manage multiple projects of varying scale, audience format, and distribution channel, and prioritize responsibilities
- Strategic thinker with an innate curiosity
- A self-starter who is able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Organizational ability and attention to detail
- Diligence in meeting deadlines and ability to work independently and under pressure
Examples of Our Work
The Chamber provides all the benefits of working for a mid-size business combined with the values and mission focus of a nonprofit. As part of a leading organization in the region’s business community, team members have access to a wide array of resources, connections, and opportunities throughout their career with the Chamber. With 50+ employees, the Chamber is right-sized for new team members to have the support of their talented colleagues, opportunities to lead, and room for personal and professional growth. The Chamber offers its employees a dynamic, fast-paced environment with competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. Learn more about Chamber culture and benefits.
The Chamber is currently working 100% remotely. After Labor Day, we will return to the office and the Chamber will offer flexible working arrangements. On a standard work day, the majority of time is spent sitting at a desk, using the computer and speaking on the phone. However, at times, this role will be required to attend Chamber events or related outside meetings/events on behalf of the Chamber. These meetings/events may take place outside of regular business hours and outside of Center City Philadelphia.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and writing samples/portfolio of work with their application (writing samples can consist of examples of marketing materials, social media posts, and white papers/reports/blog content).
Apply to: http://chmbr.biz/actdxgzrqd
The Chamber of Commerce for Greater Philadelphia is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to building a culturally diverse staff. We strongly encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds.