The Chamber of Commerce for Greater Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting growth and economic development, advocating for sound public policy, and serving our members with outstanding programs and benefits. The Chamber is the premier advocate of the region’s business community, representing members in 11 counties across three states with one voice.
We are currently seeking a highly organized Member Engagement Specialist with strong organizational and communications skills to support the Member Engagement Department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Draft and update sponsorship proposals for Chamber programs and events
- Work closely with the Chamber’s Programs & Events team to garner information about events to include in proposals and to keep them informed of sponsorship benefits that need to be fulfilled
- Work closely with Member Engagement Managers on sponsorships including researching new sponsor prospects
- Coordinate and confirm sponsorship for events
- Record and update status of sponsorships in database and sponsorship tracking documents
- Work with Finance Department to ensure accuracy on sponsorship payment collections
- Member Communications and Project Support
- Assist with the preparation and coordination of meetings and events including, but not limited to: Board meetings, member meetings, committee meetings, and engagement events
- Assist with other projects as needed
- Assist with Member Engagement Department duties as required including, but not limited to:
- Assist with online grant/sponsorship applications for sponsorships and membership renewals
- Represent the Member Engagement Department at intradepartmental meetings
- Assist with renewals and member outreach as needed
- Understand and stay current with Chamber products, services and/or programming; including the Chamber’s Leadership Councils and Action Teams
- Attend and assist with execution and networking at Chamber Events and Programs when in person (before, during and after hours)
Job Specifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Two years of experience in fundraising, development, communications, or a related field preferred.
- Creative, professional, independent and detail-oriented with an excellent work ethic.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize responsibilities.
- Strategic thinker with creativity and innovation and who takes initiative.
- Ability to consistently meet daily, weekly and monthly deadlines.
- A self-starter who is able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Computer proficiencies in Windows, MS Office – including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
The Chamber provides all the benefits of working for a mid-size business combined with the values and mission focus of a nonprofit. As part of a leading organization in the region’s business community, team members have access to a wide array of resources, connections, and opportunities throughout their career with the Chamber. With 50+ employees, the Chamber is right-sized for new team members to have the support of their talented colleagues, opportunities to lead, and room for personal and professional growth. The Chamber offers its employees a dynamic, fast-paced environment with competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. Learn more about Chamber culture and benefits.
Work Conditions/Physical Demands
The Chamber is currently working 100% remotely. On November 1, the Chamber will transition to a hybrid work environment that allows for a flexible work schedule. Once we re-enter our offices, this individual will work in a typical office environment. On a standard work day, the majority of time is spent sitting at a desk, using the computer and speaking on the phone. However, at times, this role will be required to attend Chamber events or related outside meetings/events on behalf of the Chamber. These meetings/events may take place outside of regular business hours and outside of center city Philadelphia.
Please note that the Chamber requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume.
Apply to: http://chmbr.biz/ypuyjyobim
The Chamber of Commerce for Greater Philadelphia is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to building a culturally diverse staff. We strongly encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds.