Member Engagement Specialist
The Chamber brings area businesses and civic leaders together to promote growth and create opportunity in our region. We support our members with practical, inspiring programs, resources, and events. All that we do serves one clear, bold goal: to make Greater Philadelphia a great place for good business.
We are currently seeking a highly organized Member Engagement Specialist with strong communications skills to manage assigned Chamber membership accounts, grow member relationships, solicit and coordinate the execution of sponsorships, support members’ use of marketing resources and opportunities with the ultimate goal of retaining memberships.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage assigned members’ Chamber experience by designing and implementing high-touch engagement plans (with assistance from Member Engagement leadership). Engagement plans will address individual member’s needs and identify beneficial engagement opportunities, including a strategic plan for member event attendance. Interact with members regularly via phone, email, and face-to-face meetings. Manage member relationships proactively and respond timely to inquiries to ensure a high level of member satisfaction and retention.
- Identify and cultivate beneficial sponsorship opportunities for members.
- Market and serve as a resource for members regarding Chamber products and services.
- Act as a liaison between Member Engagement and Business Development to facilitate the on-boarding of new members and renewal of assigned first year memberships.
- Assist with collection of the annual dues.
- Track assigned members’ experiences and relevant affiliations. Keep member data current via the Chamber intranet.
- Understand and stay current with Chamber products, services and/or programming.
- Identify trends and solicit input from members to provide ideas for new products, services and/or programming that address member needs, increase retention and/or cultivate new sponsors.
- Attend Chamber events and other relevant events.
- Act as the liaison between Member Engagement and Programs & Events for all sponsorships by assigned members.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of two years of experience in account management, fundraising, client relations, or a related field.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with a wide variety of individuals - including CEOs and other high-level executives from member companies - in person, on the telephone, and in writing.
- Knowledge of the Greater Philadelphia region and business community and experience interacting with this market.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize responsibilities.
- Ability to consistently meet daily, weekly and monthly deadlines.
- Strategic thinker with creativity and innovation.
- A self-starter who is able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Computer proficiencies in Windows, MS Office - including Outlook, Word and Excel.
The Chamber provides all the benefits of working for a mid-size business combined with the values and mission focus of a nonprofit. As part of a leading organization in the region’s business community, team members have access to a wide array of resources, connections, and opportunities throughout their career with the Chamber. With 50+ employees, the Chamber is right-sized for new team members to have the support of their talented colleagues, opportunities to lead, and room for personal and professional growth. The Chamber offers its employees a dynamic, fast-paced environment with competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. Learn more about Chamber culture and benefits.
The Chamber is currently working 100% remotely. After Labor Day, we will return to the office and the Chamber will offer flexible working arrangements. On a standard work day, the majority of time is spent sitting at a desk, using the computer and speaking on the phone. However, at times, this role will be required to attend Chamber events or related outside meetings/events on behalf of the Chamber. These meetings/events may take place outside of regular business hours and outside of Center City Philadelphia.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume.
Apply to: http://chmbr.biz/edkmbnskel
The Chamber of Commerce for Greater Philadelphia is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to building a culturally diverse staff. We strongly encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds.