The Chamber brings area businesses and civic leaders together to promote growth and create opportunity in our region. We support our members with practical, inspiring programs, resources, and events. All that we do serves one clear, bold goal: to make Greater Philadelphia a great place for good business.
The Chamber is seeking a Membership Advisor to drive membership growth. The successful candidate will join an award-winning sales team and be responsible for the full sales cycle. The Membership Advisor will increase our market penetration in the Greater Philadelphia region through a mix of both inside and outside sales. The successful candidate will be an experienced and highly motivated self-starter who is a born hunter. S/he must be able to develop and maintain a robust prospect pipeline, understand the needs of potential members, propose the appropriate membership level, and close the sale.
Must-Have Sales Skills
Cold Calling: This position is 85% inside sales and 100% new business development
Prospecting: A successful candidate will generate his/her own leads every day
Qualifying Leads: Finding the decision maker and overcoming objections are essential to success
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Sell membership packages to businesses in the Greater Philadelphia Region (11 Counties)
- Develop and maintain an active prospect database & lead pipeline
- Achieve and surpass set quotas and goals
- Develop strategies and plans to achieve goals
- Increase overall sales as well as value per sale
- Assist with the implementation of targeted sales projects
- Attend, assist and represent the Chamber at networking functions, receptions, business expos and trade shows
- Some account management is expected
Job Specifications & Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 4 to 6 years sales experience
- Demonstrated record of recent success selling a service or "intangible" service
- Proven experience prospecting and generating leads
- Proven ability to exceed goals
- Highly effective communication skills
- A problem solver with consultative selling experience
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
- Proposal experience, strong business writing skills
- Enthusiasm and team spirit
- Highly motivated
- Possess excellent interpersonal/written/oral/presentation skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
We offer a base salary plus a generous commission structure that rewards representatives that meet and exceed their goals, with an annual earning potential of $70,000 to $150,000.
The Chamber provides all the benefits of working for a mid-size business combined with the values and mission focus of a nonprofit. As part of a leading organization in the region’s business community, team members have access to a wide array of resources, connections, and opportunities throughout their career with the Chamber. With 50+ employees, the Chamber is right-sized for new team members to have the support of their talented colleagues, opportunities to lead, and room for personal and professional growth. The Chamber offers its employees a dynamic, fast-paced environment with competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. Learn more about Chamber culture and benefits.
The Chamber is currently working 100% remotely. Once we return to the office, we will offer flexible working arrangements. On a standard work day, the majority of time is spent sitting at a desk, using the computer and speaking on the phone. However, at times, this role will be required to attend Chamber events or related outside meetings/events on behalf of the Chamber. These meetings/events may take place outside of regular business hours and outside of Center City Philadelphia.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to: http://chmbr.biz/uykwczbfgm
The Chamber of Commerce for Greater Philadelphia is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to building a culturally diverse staff. We strongly encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds.