WURD Radio is the only independent Black talk radio station in Pennsylvania, and one of only three remaining in the U.S. The forWURD Movement is WURD’s membership program, which allows WURD’s audience to support work they believe in and offers diverse ways for members to engage with WURD and each other. The forWURD Movement is a key part of the station’s growth and revenue strategies.
The membership manager is passionate about WURD’s mission and has experience and skills at the intersection of customer service, marketing, and project management. This position will have revenue and enrollment targets and the person in this role is responsible for generating and executing promotions to reach those goals. The membership manager is a key external point of contact for the station and will interact with WURD supporters in person, on the phone, and in email.
Specific job duties:
- Work with station management and various departments to create on-air, digital and event strategies and promotions to attract and recruit new members, while retaining and engaging the current member base
- Execute membership marketing communications, including writing on-air promotions, copy for social media and newsletters, and content for the membership page on wurdradio.com
- Attend station events and live broadcasts to share information about WURD, speak to attendees about the benefits of membership, and recruit new members
- Manage communications with members including receiving phone calls to the station about membership, responding to incoming member emails, and writing member-only email content.
- Process membership applications and payments including cash, check, and digital/online payments
- Manage tracking and fulfillment of new member packages and track inventory and supplies for membership event activations (signage, swag, giveaways, etc.)
- Manage Salesforce database and News Revenue Hub membership management resources, using reports and dashboards to track membership enrollment and revenue and communicate goal progress to leadership
- Work with station management to set annual budget goals
Who we are looking for:
- Experience in cultivation, marketing and management of membership or fundraising programs
- Proficient in Salesforce
- Experience with Mailchimp or other email marketing programs
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, writing, and customer support skills
- Thinks of new ways to generate attention and excitement
- Is a persuasive storyteller who is passionate about WURD’s mission
- Organized and capable of managing multiple projects
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Must be proactive and enjoy teamwork and collaboration
Role includes frequent tasks requiring physical effort performed in an active radio station, and in the field. Must have the ability to operate a computer keyboard and standard office equipment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, bend, kneel, crouch, climb, reach, and stretch for extended periods of time.
May be required to lift and move objects weighing up to 50 pounds with or without assistance. Occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
$50,000.00 - $55,000.00