As the first point of contact to Barnes Foundation guests, the Call Center Specialist is responsible for providing superlative customer service to guests and maintaining a positive image for The Barnes Foundation through phone sales and interactions. Specialists provide a best-in-class experience to every person who interacts with our institution. As the first line of interaction between the Barnes Foundation and guests, the Specialist sets the tone for an exceptional guest experience, making the “customer centered” concept a daily reality in all interactions, decisions, and exchanges with guests. The Call Center Specialist makes the “customer centered” concept a daily reality in all interactions, decisions, and exchanges with guests. The Call Center Specialist is part of a team that is truly the face of the Barnes Foundation. They work under the direction of the Senior Director of Admissions and Retail Operations to ensure a visit to the Barnes is informative, friendly, respectful, and efficient.
Established as an educational institution, the Barnes Foundation carries out its mission by promoting appreciation of the arts and horticultural science, through the preservation, presentation, and interpretation of the collections of Albert C. and Laura L. Barnes.
Celebrated for its exceptional breadth, depth, and quality, the Barnes Foundation’s art collection includes works by some of the greatest European and American masters of impressionism, post-impressionist, and early modern art, as well as African sculpture, Pennsylvania German decorative arts, Native American textiles, metalwork, and more.
The Foundation engages diverse audiences through its exceptional collections and related high-quality programs that reflect a broad range of periods and cultures and build on the founders’ innovative educational vision of transforming lives through the arts and horticulture.
Job Specific Competencies:
- Answers incoming calls from customers to take orders, answer inquiries and questions, handle complaints, troubleshoot problems, process exchanges, refunds and provide information.
- Accurately enters data and processes payments.
- Provides timely response to guest requests for information received by mail, phone, and email.
- Disseminates information regarding various education and membership events.
- Identify opportunities to promote memberships to interested partie
- Actively up-sells additional offers such as membership, seminars, lectures, and parking. Follow-up on customer calls when necessary.
- Continuously expands personal and required knowledge of Barnes services, collection, exhibitions, and actively participates in required trainings.
- Assists in preparation of mailings and other communications with customers.
- Creates Customer Service Issue records for all compliments, complaints or out of the ordinary situations or comments.
- Assist callers with any technical issues experiences with the website and escalate any issues to management appropriately.
- Handles challenging situations with the public quickly and effectively, with skill and professionalism.
- Treats all callers with respect and courtesy; works collaboratively with staff and volunteers to ensure the guest experience is positive.
- Adheres to Foundation policies, including those regarding attendance, punctuality and dress code.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Knowledge:
- High School diploma or equivalent education and experience.
- One (1) to two (2) years of any combination of training or experience in customer/guest services, hospitality, event management, or protection services.
- Completion of Barnes Foundation Associate training coursework.
- Must have a good phone manner, pleasant demeanor and a genuine interest in communication with members of the public and providing assistance to guests.
- Outgoing personality with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Possess good conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to maintain a calm exterior presence during periods of high volume, high stress, or unusual events.
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail.
- Highly organized.
- Art background/interest a plus.
- Must be able to engage guests in conversational English, bilingual or multilingual skills a plus.
- Ability to understand and apply a significant amount of detailed information.
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task.
- Must have a flexible schedule with the ability to work weekends, including some evenings and holidays as needed.
- Proficiency in digital tools including Microsoft products, project management packages and modern communication tools.
Competitive Benefits Include: Parking and transit flexible spending accounts; 403(b) with matching contributions; Employee Assistance Program; as well as paid sick time.
Please include a cover letter and an updated resume with your application, along with salary expectations.
The Barnes Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we’re committed to diversity and equal opportunity in our recruitment and hiring. Qualified candidates of all backgrounds are welcome and encouraged to apply for this position. Employees have rights under other laws including, but not limited to, the Family and Medical Leave Act and the Employee Polygraph Protection Act. We participate in E-Verify.