Spectrum Health- a world-class community health center that proudly cares, values, and serves its community is in search of a dynamic Recruiter/Human Resources Generalist who cares about, values, and is dedicated to world-class healthcare service delivery. If this is you, come work your life's passion at Spectrum and earn your living where your heart is!
Nationally recognized as a Level-3 Patient-Centered Medical Home, the highest designation for health centers, Spectrum Community Health Center provides the highest level of care improving the health conditions and advancing health equity within our communities through the delivery of quality primary care, specialty, and social services.
We are the leading provider of world-class healthcare in our communities providing quality, safe, and effective care in an efficient, equitable, and timely fashion. We serve as a model of success for the other Federally Quality Health Center.
Spectrum employees make a different each and every day, each and every time, and in each and every encounter, A Spectrum encounter will touch a soul and heal a heart. Today at Spectrum, someone will deliver hopeful news; someone will provide comfort, reassurance, and assistance. At Spectrum someone will smile, welcome, and be happy to see you.
Reporting to the VP of HR, the Recruiter/Human Resource Generalist will lead the daily recruitment function for the health center focusing on recruiting top talent into Spectrum Health. This role is highly visible and has hands-on interaction with multiple functions within the center and the HR department. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: recruitment, general HR administration, new hire orientation/onboarding, retention, talent acquisition, performance/talent management, and succession planning. The Recruiter/HR Generalist will primarily research, develop, and implement effective recruiting and staffing strategies to attract and retain a diverse pool of qualified and capable talent for the organization. This person must have the flexibility to also partner with the HR team in a generalist function to ensure compliance with all state and federal employment laws, address employee concerns, enforce company policies and practices while leading recruiting, onboarding, and retention efforts.
- Recruit for a growing company that is committed to providing world-class services to a deserving underserve population.
- Report directly to the VP of HR and work with an awesome HR team
- Variety of work from recruiting, surveying, and other HR generalist tasks
- Great compensation opportunity!
- Full lifecycle recruitment support--recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Conducts new hire orientation and employee recognition, and retention programs.
- Develop and update job descriptions and job specifications as needed
- Partner with HR staff to perform routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to employee/labor relations, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and engagement; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Maintain communication with employees to resolve routine questions and concerns, as well as gauge employee morale
- Assist in handling employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Assist in training new hires and existing employees on Human Resources processes, programs, policies, information systems, etc.
- Compile and distribute weekly, monthly, and yearly HR metrics reports and documents
- Maintain employee confidence and protect operations by keeping employee information confidential.
- Provides input into the development and revision of employee related policies and procedures
- Interoffice travel as required
- Complete assigned projects with minimal oversight.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to our business, industry, and/or market changes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- Two-Five years HR experience required.
- Two plus years of experience in recruitment function required.
- SHRM or HRCI certification preferred.
- Experience in a provider or related healthcare environment preferred.
- Proven work experience as a Recruiter (either an in-house recruiter or a staffing agency recruiter)
- Hands-on experience with various selection processes (phone interviewing, reference check, etc.)
- Familiarity with HR databases, Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS), and Candidate Management Systems (CMS)
- Hands-on experience with recruiting software, as well as Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) or Human Resource Management Systems (HRMS)
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills.