The Chamber brings area businesses and civic leaders together to promote growth and create opportunity in our region. We support our members with practical, inspiring programs, resources, and events. All that we do serves one clear, bold goal: to make Greater Philadelphia a great place for good business.
The Programs & Events Department of the Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce produces over 150 programs and events annually for various segments of the Greater Philadelphia business community. The organization has transitioned to include virtual programs in addition to live programs and events, and this position will work on a mix of these mediums. The department has Senior Programs Coordinator position open and is seeking highly organized, detail-oriented person who is innovative, takes initiative and can develop content for programs and events around a wide range of business, civic and cultural topics. Although the individual does not need to be a subject matter expert, they do need strong research skills and ability to grasp concepts quickly in order to guide the project with a cross-section of colleagues and successful deliver a well-executed program or event.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the completion of specific programs and ensuring these programs are on time, on budget, and within scope
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders to advance programs objectives including ensuring members are satisfied and sponsorship benefits are fulfilled
- Organize and facilitate constructive idea generation among multiple groups
- Actively participate in and support the initiatives and efforts of internal, cross-functional teams
- Research, analyze and secure topics and speakers being mindful of diversity goals and standards
- Track regional and national business trends
- Manage budgets and meet financial goals
- Track event registration demographics and identify target audiences
- Perform ongoing evaluation and development of programs and events
- Contribute to the overall success of the Programs & Events Department
Job Specifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree with 5-6 years of relevant work experience
- Exceptional interpersonal abilities; professional written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented, possessing the ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize responsibilities
- Strategic thinker and negotiator who is creative and innovative
- A self-starter who is able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to complete projects in a timely manner
- Strong research skills and knowledge of Philadelphia neighborhoods/communities a plus
- Computer proficiencies in Windows, MS Office - including Word, Access, Excel and Outlook
- Strong work ethic; approaches work with a sense of purpose and urgency
- A collaborative spirit
The Chamber provides all the benefits of working for a mid-size business combined with the values and mission focus of a nonprofit. As part of a leading organization in the region’s business community, team members have access to a wide array of resources, connections, and opportunities throughout their career with the Chamber. With 50+ employees, the Chamber is right-sized for new team members to have the support of their talented colleagues, opportunities to lead, and room for personal and professional growth. The Chamber offers its employees a dynamic, fast-paced environment with competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. Learn more about Chamber culture and benefits.
The Chamber is currently working 100% remotely. On November 1, the Chamber will transition to a hybrid work environment that allows for a flexible work schedule. Once we re-enter our offices, this individual will work in a typical office environment. On a standard work day, the majority of time is spent sitting at a desk, using the computer and speaking on the phone. However, at times, this role will be required to attend Chamber events or related outside meetings/events on behalf of the Chamber. These meetings/events may take place outside of regular business hours and outside of center city Philadelphia.
Please note that the Chamber requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume.
Apply to: http://chmbr.biz/iwffcakxak
The Chamber of Commerce for Greater Philadelphia is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to building a culturally diverse staff. We strongly encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds.