Position: Small Business Advisor
Reports To: Executive Director
Salary: Based on Qualifications
Job Type: 1099 Contract Position/Full or Part-time /Hybrid/On-site
Neighborhood Progress Fund (“NPF”) is a community development financial institution (“CDFI”) that
offers small business loans and business advisory services to entrepreneurs in distressed
communities throughout Philadelphia.
NPF provides various loan products to businesses and entrepreneurs that are located within our
target markets. Many of these businesses have been turned down by traditional lending institutions
because they are not considered creditworthy. Our lending products supply newly formed and established businesses with the capital necessary to hire additional employees and purchase supplies, materials, inventory, equipment, furniture, and fixtures. These loans are directly responsible for the creation of jobs and ultimately improve the local economy and financial opportunities of the residents in our target markets. Over our history, we have provided approximately $33 million in capital to approximately 455 businesses and helped to create over 3,000 jobs.
NPF provides in-depth business advisory services to existing clients, past clients, and business
owners that operate within NPF’s primary target markets. NPF’s Business Advisory team reviews all
service requests, approves who receives services, and selects the service providers to provide
Small Business Advising
Communicate with and mentor NPF's existing and former small business clients, identifying their business and financial needs and concerns, effectively communicating NPF’s scope of services, and working with business owners on strategies to improve their businesses (including the facilitation of professional consulting services). Establish and build client relationships, rapport, and trust toward business advising strategies.
Develop Provider Network
Create a network of independent contractors who are experts in the field of accounting and
bookkeeping, finance, credit and tax matters, legal and risk management, marketing, and IT.
The position has no supervisory responsibilities and is expected to develop a provider network of Business Advisors.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred with major course work in finance, economics, accounting, business management, or other related fields required.
- Prior work-related experience with economic development or small business lending.
- Considerable credit and financial analysis experience preferred.
- Strong analytical ability.
- Previous experience as a small business owner preferred, or the candidate understands how to run a small business.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to thoughtfully analyze and critique business plans and financial
- Comfort making presentations to a small audience.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and CRM software.
- Flexible, self-motivated, and strategic thinker.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and successful track record developing new client business.
- Ability to take ownership of assignments and manage multiple projects
Compensation and Benefits:
For full-time employees, NPF will offer a competitive salary based on experience and skills, as
well as an excellent benefits package including employer paid health, disability, and life
insurance, 403(b) retirement savings plan with employer contributions and paid time off.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Elva Bankins, Search Consultant Neighborhood Progress Fund
NPF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.