LocationsShowing 1 locationCorp
Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
PHMC is proud to be a leader in public health. PHMC requires that all employees have received the first Covid-19 vaccination dose by the first day of employment. We will offer the Covid-19 vaccination at no cost, via our Health Centers.
The Social Media and Recruitment Specialist is responsible for promoting and conducting outreach activities to recruit Fathers for participation in services through the Health Promotion Council’s Focus on Fathers program. The Specialist will work closely with PHMC’s Communications team, as well as Focus on Fathers staff and the Focus on Fathers Community Advisory Group, to assist in the development of a robust social media marketing plan and carry out this plan. A special emphasis will be placed on engaging fathers into the Focus on Fathers program’s virtual and in-person classes, through the development of program promotional materials and activities, and creating a strong social media presence. These activities may include, but are not limited to, participation in online, virtual community and public events as well as in-person community events, such as health fairs, community days, and events held at key organizations that attract and serve community members (e.g., churches, grocery stores, barbershops, etc.). Other activities may also include engaging in direct outreach to organizations and businesses in targeted communities. The Specialist will work as part of two or more teams, including the CQI team. Reports to Program Manager.
- Together with the Assistant Director, Program Manager, FOF Team, FOF CAG, and PHMC Communications, create a comprehensive marketing and recruitment plan, with a focus on social media.
- Create a robust social media content schedule and manage program social media pages.
- Identify and execute ongoing outreach to community organizations and businesses in targeted communities.
- Establish relationships with leadership at various community organizations as outlined in the marketing and recruitment plan.
- Provide community education about services available through the Focus on Fathers program.
- Directly recruit participants into the Focus on Fathers program based on weekly and monthly recruitment goals.
- Provide oversight of recruitment partners and work closely with Program Manager to monitor benchmarking goals.
- Support Case Managers in collecting and updating a list of referral resources for fathers/participants/families based on connections with community organizations. Operate as a part of the Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) team to manage and monitor data needs specific to engagement, recruitment, and enrollment data.
- Maintain data tracking sheets of all program contacts, including dates and types of events, number of individuals reached through group or one-on-one communication, and referrals to FOF services made.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality to ensure trust among consumers and HPC.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to engage underserved and hard-to-reach populations.
- Ability to skillfully navigate social media platforms
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize multiple assignments.
- Availability during daytime and some evening and weekend hours.
- Willingness to travel throughout Philadelphia.
- Previous community engagement work preferred and experience engaging male populations.
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, social work, or related field; or equal relevant work experience.
- Commensurate with education and experience
- Grade: 17
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
- This position is classified as salaried non-exempt in accordance to FLSA standards.
Bachelors or better.