Special Events Coordinator - Philadelphians Organized to Witness, Empower & Rebuild (POWER)
Philadelphians Organized to Witness, Empower & Rebuild (POWER) is 50 congregations throughout Pennsylvania intentionally bringing people together across the lines of race, faith, income level and neighborhood -- lines which have historically kept people divided. We are people of faith committed to the work of bringing about racial and economic justice here and now, in our state and our region. By strengthening and mobilizing our networks of relationships, we seek to exercise power in the public arena so that the needs and priorities of all Pennsylvanians are reflected in the systems and policies that shape our state.
POWER is a proud affiliate of the Faith in Action (https://faithinaction.org/) the largest and fastest growing faith-based community organizing effort in the country. At PICO we are lifting a new vision for America that is rooted in our shared moral values and democratic traditions. POWER is also a member of the Partnership for Working Families (www.forworkingfamilies.org).
About the Special Events Coordinator Position:
Special Events Coordinator (part time temporary, possibility of full time permanent position)
- Coordinate 10th anniversary vendors, including venue/s, audio visual/live stream, catering, design/printing (in partnership with POWER communications team). Negotiate contracts with input from 10th anniversary committee, and secure approval and signature of the executive director.
- Collaborate with 10th Anniversary team to meet financial and other goals for the gala event
- Weekly reporting to 10th Anniversary team and Executive Director
- Coordinate sponsor outreach, confirmation, and acknowledgement.
- Act as liaison between POWER and chair/keynote speaker offices--coordinate dates and travel arrangements.
- Coordinate auction procurement and production.
- Schedule, train, and oversee event volunteers.
- Attend monthly committee meetings through July 2022.
- At least 3 years proven experience and track record for coordinating high profile, high profit special events.
- Excellent fundraising skills
- Superb organizational and relationship cultivation skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Familiarity with Google Workspace and Zoom necessary, EveryAction, Canva, and Signal helpful.
- Willingness to work outside normal business hours as required
- Willingness to travel to local venues within the state
- Commitment to racial equity
- Additional tasks as required.
- Experience working with low-income and/or immigrant communities of color
- Highly organized, ability to handle multiple tasks, manage a busy schedule of many face to face meetings and document both progress and outcomes.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with community contacts
- Commitment to cultural sensitivity and respect for differences
- Commitment to the continuous improvement of service quality and the organization’s mission
- Cultural competence to work in a multicultural, multi-faith environment
- Draw on an intersectional analysis of racialization and other forms of oppression
- Collaborate with staff on new ideas, directions, and tools for communications and online organizing tools
- Ability and experience working cross-culturally
- Solid understanding of one's own faith journey
- Strong relational skills and ability to connect, engage, and inspire community members across multiple cultures including: religion, race, gender, age, language, class and experiences
- Desire to learn and openness to challenge
- Ability to work as part of a strong staff team as well as independently
- Demonstrable experience working with faith communities and/or in a faith-based environment required
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive salary for this line of work offered
Needed to apply:
- Letter (2 pages MAX) describing your background, interest in, and qualifications for this position
- List of three professional references
All applicants must apply for this position online at the Faith in Action website. (Click the “Apply for this Position” button)
Please have the following documents ready to upload to your online application:
- An electronic file of your resume (preferably in PDF format) including 3 references
- A cover letter stating why you would be the ideal person for this position
If you need assistance or experience any technical difficulties with your online application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will not be accepted via this email address.
POWER and Faith and Action are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status