State Police Cadet
If you connect with the above statement, take your first step toward experiencing this rewarding career!!
For more information on the Pennsylvania State Police Cadet position or to speak with a recruiter, please visithttp://www.patrooper.com/ today!
Work Hours: TBD 40-hour work week
Shift: Rotating/irregular shifts including weekends and holidays
Upon successful completion of the training academy and promotion to the rank of State Police Trooper your salary will increase to Pay Scale Group SP01, Level SA ($64,637 annually as of July 1, 2021).
Once you submit an application, if you meet all eligibility requirements, you will move on to the written examination portion. You will receive additional information regarding scheduling your written examination at a later date.
At the end of the written examination testing period, PSP will review the results and provide candidates with additional information regarding their status. If your written examination score qualifies you, you will be invited to the oral examination portion of the process. Below are additional processes you will need to complete if your written and oral examination scores qualify you to be further processed.
Physical Readiness Testing
Please keep in mind that PSP Cadet selection procedures and timeframes are subject to change at any time based upon the needs of the Department.
If you have questions related to the application or examination process, please contact the Public Safety Human Resource Delivery Center, Specialized PSP Placement Section by email at email@example.com. For up to date information regarding the State Police Cadet testing cycles, visit this website: Pennsylvania State Police Cadet Testing Announcements.
Thank you for your interest in the Pennsylvania State Police Cadet position.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
- Receiving training in the Pennsylvania Crimes Code, Motor Vehicle Code, and other related laws.
- Participating in formal coursework and practical exercises to learn the principles and practices associated with search and seizure, on-scene vehicle collisions, officer safety, interpersonal relations, investigations, interviews, interrogations, report writing, case preparation and court testimony.
- Participating in physical fitness activities, swimming and water safety courses, and the American Red Cross Emergency Response Course.
- Receiving training in operating police vehicles.
- Participating in formal coursework and practical exercises in the use of department firearms and the legal applications and restrictions of their use.
- Receiving training in the use of specialized equipment and instruments including communications equipment, radar, breath test devices, body armor, and riot gear.
- Receiving training in military courtesy, platoon formation, military drill, formal inspections, and related subjects.
- Participating in maintaining the cleanliness and order of quarters, buildings, grounds, and equipment.
- Performing related work as required.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, TRAINING & ELIGIBILITY
- Completion of 60 college credits at the time of appointment. Students who have successfully completed at least 30 college credits and anticipate the completion of at least 60 college credits at the time of hire may apply;
- Four years of law enforcement experience that encompasses the powers of arrest under state and/or federal law;
- Four years of active military duty with an honorable discharge;
- An equivalent combination of experience and training.
You will receive all communication regarding this position via email. Please check your email, including spam folders, for these notices. You may also view notices sent to you by signing into your account on NEOGOV and viewing your profile in box.
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, 17120