The American College of Physicians (ACP) is looking for a System Administrator for its Technical Operations department. ACP, a national organization of internists with headquarters in Philadelphia, is the largest medical specialty organization and the second-largest physician group in the United States with more than 163,000 members worldwide.
The Administrator will be responsible for day-to-day support and maintenance of various on-premise and cloud-based servers. Responsibilities include installing, patching, and maintaining network and application systems and services, all server and cloud nightly backups, monitoring and responding to any observed issues as well as proactively upgrading systems for performance optimization and security compliance.
ACP offers a competitive salary, superior benefits, and a supportive work environment.
Interested candidates should apply online: https://www.acponline.org/working_at_acp/jobs/.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Maintain various servers including network file servers, application servers, and other IT utility services and systems.
- Monitor servers using established tooling to respond to alerts, analyzing and isolating issues.
- Quickly arrange for repairs or replacements of hardware on occasions of hardware failure.
- Perform emergency vulnerability server patching.
- Assist with day-to-day support of various supported applications, i.e. backup/restore, email, remote access availability.
- Assist with the installation of various network-based systems and services, as well as the integration of workstations with these applications.
- Assist with short-term projects and small-scale systems activities on behalf of operating units and individual workstation users. Provide support to the daily Operations group with operational tasks and monitoring of all systems. Participate in User Support/Service Desk project planning and assist in the troubleshooting of network performance and/or system integration issues.
- Work with other IT staff maintaining and implementing the department’s work plan including all major software and hardware upgrades.
- Maintain network security systems (Firewalls, Intrusion Detection, Spyware, vulnerability scanners and wireless access) and make recommendations for ongoing enhancements, as appropriate.
- Monitor network system usage, performance, capacities, and backups to ensure high reliability and availability.
- Serve on-call 24/7 for network and web server outages and on a rotating schedule for after-hours support. Scheduled weekend work will occasionally be necessary, as well. Off-hour tasks include applying fixes or system upgrades, weekly system reboots, and urgent system-level troubleshooting.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Level Two technical desktop and network support in a multi-platform and multi-operating system 24/7 environment.
- Extensive experience and technical knowledge of the following:
- Windows networking, Active Directory administration, configuration of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP and NTP
- Microsoft Windows server 2012-2019, integrating Windows PC’s and Servers utilizing group policies.
- Enterprise backup solutions and methodologies – On-Prem and SaaS Solutions.
- NetBackup ver. 8.1, Veritas Saas Cloud
- VMWare Infrastructure services, build techniques using cloning and templates.
- Email filter and delivery management concepts and remote Access technologies
- Citrix XenApp, IPSEC & SSL VPNs. Zero Trust solutions
- End point Management and Firewall Concepts
- F5 Big-Ip load balancers and Fortinet Forigate firewalls
- Must be familiar with the following:
- IIS 7.5-10 and SQL Server 2008-2017
- Physical network infrastructures (switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers, etc.)
- Business continuation/disaster recovery planning
- Cloud computing and supporting associated software; i.e. automation software such as Puppet, Chef, etc.
- Cloud infrastructure such as Azure
- Email administration (Exchange Online)
- SharePoint Online administration
ACP is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.