Chartel Findlater is the owner and self-proclaimed “Maker-In-Chief” of GOLD+WATER CO.®, a boutique soapery based in Philadelphia, PA. She has a passion for promoting wellness in her community, particularly by providing mentorship to youth and advocating for existing educational programs centered on abuse prevention and hygiene awareness. She creates products in her business to foster a sense of respite and reprieve from life’s challenges. Chartel is a graduate of Temple University’s Esther Boyer College of Music and Dance with a degree in Classical Voice Performance. Her career has been filled with a wide range of experiences ranging from work in social services, hospitality, seven years as a public school educator, continuous music and arts performance, and now entrepreneurship.
GOLD+WATER CO. is an online boutique soapery and wellness advocacy brand, based in Philadelphia, PA. We produce handcrafted soap, bath items, and home decor in small batches. We pride ourselves on using carefully-selected ingredients from reputable sources, as well as providing both outstanding customer service and transparent engagement. We also actively support local anti-abuse organizations and those addressing mental health and hygiene needs in our community.
Our products foster a sense of relaxation, facilitate consistent and lavish self-care, and seek to remind you that “YOU ARE THE LUXURY.”
The Prize Package Includes:
A Marketing Package Valued at $5000 which includes:
- Radio Advertising on WURD Radio
- On-Air Interview on WURD
- Feature on wurdradio.com
- Social Media Outreach on WURD platforms
- Acknowledgement in an edition of the weekly digital WURD Newsletter
- Business featured on WURD Radio website (wurdradio.com)
- Business featured on the Lively-HOOD website (wurdworks.com)
- Complimentary 1 Year Membership to the Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce
- Complimentary 1 Year Membership to the African American Chamber of Commerce
- Coaching session with established business leaders
Thanks to all of our finalists who participated in the #LevelUp Pitch Party.
Honorable Mention to our Runner-Up Finalists
BlacOak Wine Club
Kerisa M. Piage
Bolts EV, LLC
Founder & CEO
Owner & Dessert Designer
Womb Intensive Systematic Holistic Care, LLC (Womb-ish)
Founder and CEO