Reports To: Program & News Director
- Work in collaboration with hosts, guests or other program contributors, in order to perform quality assurance to meet established production standards, rules and regulations.
- Work the board for live and studio shows.
- Follow station format and guidelines.
- Follow applicable laws and FCC regulations.
- Cue hosts about when to take commercial breaks.
- Play commercials, promotional spots, station ID and public service announcements on time according to the commercial log.
- Operate WURD TV and log appropriate show names, hosts, and descriptions for social media broadcasting.
- Handle on-air contests as assigned and in accordance with company policy.
- Provide access to guests into the WURD office suite
- Sign-off on the commercial log, each hour on duty.
- Answer caller lines and communicate their identity and subject matter of call to the host in writing.
- Take transmitter readings.
- Complete daily report for each show for which you serve as the board operator and complete Caller Logs in legible handwriting.
- Assist with tracking guests and topics for special projects.
- Have knowledge of the stations traffic, playout and other systems.
- Fill in for producers and technical producers, as needed.
- Download recorded shows from archives
- Special projects, as assigned
Ability to generate original ideas, and to think creatively about how to communicate them to audiences; has comprehensive knowledge of subjects relevant to specific radio genres. Excellent writing and storytelling skills; ability to tailor and adapt content for different audiences and platforms. Knows how to use a variety of recording equipment and to operate different radio studios.
High school degree or equivalent required, undergraduate degree preferred. A minimum of one year experience in video production, studio engineering, radio, or technical producing. Prior use of video and audio editing software program a plus. Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and social networking platforms.