Below is one of many open positions available… VISIT https://bit.ly/2H9Kill FOR A FULL LIST OF JOBS AT HERR’S!
Branch Warehouse Labor (Part-time) Job Description:
Bringing Home Your Work Never Tasted So Good!
Herr Foods Inc. is a privately owned salty snack food manufacturer and distributor based in Nottingham, PA and we think our 1500+ employees are pretty spectacular! We are committed to making our Herr’s family business an enjoyable and profitable place to work.
Herr Foods Inc. offers various part-time benefits including MetLife voluntary benefits, 401k and profit-sharing accounts, as well as competitive pay with room to progress within the company. We are currently seeking some part-time warehouse workers to join the South Philadelphia Branch warehouse team. Typical work-week include 12pm-6pm, Monday through Friday.
Receives, stores, and distributes material, tools, equipment, and products within establishments by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reads production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
- Fills requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, tools, or other stock items and distributes items to production workers or assembly line.
- Conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas.
- Records amounts of materials or items received or distributed.
- Uses computer to enter records.
- Opens bales, crates, and other containers.
- Weighs or counts items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards.
- Compiles worksheets or tickets from customer specifications.
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Assembles Route Sales People’s orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or conveys orders to packing station or shipping department.
- Drives vehicle to transport stored items from warehouse to plant or to pick up items from several locations for shipment.
- Prepares parcels for mailing.
- Completes requisition forms to order supplies from other plant departments.
- Maintains inventory records.
- Will be a back up to the warehouse manager position.
- Update spreadsheets as necessary.
- Able to read, write, understand and speak English
- Must pass a job-related assessment with a score of 70% or better
- Display common sense, understanding, working knowledge of product codes and warehouse procedures
- Must possess a valid driver’s license in the current state of residence
- Constantly reaching and using fine manipulation
- Frequently walking, bending, squatting, balancing and lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds
- Occasionally lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds
- Minimally sitting, kneeling, crawling, and climbing
Job Location: Southeast Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Position Type: Part-Time
Any questions about this position or any others, please contact the Human Resources department at 610-932-6500 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Herr Foods Inc.is a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer M/F/Veterans/Disabilities