Herr Foods Inc. is the largest privately owned salty snack food manufacturer and distributor in the country, we are based in Nottingham, PA and we think our 1600+ employees are pretty spectacular! We have been committed for the last 75 years to making our Herr’s family business an enjoyable place to work!
We are currently seeking a qualified individual for the Route Sales position, joining our Northeast Philadelphia team.
- SALARY RANGE: Opportunity to earn up to $45,000-$55,000 annually
- SCHEDULE: The workweek will usually consist of 5 days, 50+ hours. Monday-Friday routes and Split-Week routes (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, & Saturday) are available!
- BENEFITS: This position is full-time benefit eligible. Elective benefits include medical, dental, vision and hearing insurance; long term disability, life insurance, accident, hospital and critical illness indemnity plans, and legal plans. The company also provides opportunities to contribute to a 401k, company profit sharing, vacation, sick and holiday pay.
Safely drives step-van delivery truck over any assigned route to sell, deliver, and merchandise products, as well as provide excellent customer service to a variety of grocery, mass merchandise, and independent chain stores.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sell, deliver, stock and merchandise Herr's brand snack foods to grocery retail and independent chain stores.
- Progressively increase current customer sales volume. This includes and is not limited to:
- Building relationships with key decision makers
- Providing excellent customer service
- Inquiring about customer needs
- Communicating product knowledge and suggestive selling
- Increase customer base by soliciting new accounts
- Execute company sponsored promotional programs by acquiring temporary and incremental product displays, shelving, and racks.
- Rotate and provide credit to accounts for stale or damaged items in order to provide the freshest product.
- Process orders by entering product codes into hand-held computers.
- Collect cash from customers and accurately process associated invoices
- Manage daily accuracy of product inventory.
- Conduct daily pre-trip vehicle safety inspection, and maintain a clean truck
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a valid driver's license in the current state of residence.
- Must possess and excellent driving record.
- No more than 2 moving violations within the past 3 years
- No DUI’s within the past 3 years
- Must possess a high school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Must pass a job-related assessment with a score of 70% or better.
- All Herr Foods Inc. job offers are contingent upon successfully passing a drug test. Herr Foods also has a Random Drug Testing program for all active employees.
- Able to read, write, understand and speak English.
- Possess a stable work history with good references.
- Display evidence of sound judgment and have the ability to adapt quickly to different work and driving conditions.
- Possess strong communication, persuasion, and organizational skills.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage priorities effectively.
- Constantly reaching; frequently sitting, standing, walking, bending, squatting, kneeling, climbing, driving and lifting up to 32 pounds
- Occasionally lifting and carrying up to 48 pounds and pushing or pulling up to 40 pounds
Herr’s is proud to offer a variety of quality benefits and wellness programs where we have been recognized as a 5-time Well Workplace Award winner in the area! Elective benefits include medical, dental, vision and hearing insurance; long term disability, life insurance, accident, hospital and critical illness indemnity plans, and legal plans. The company also provides opportunities to contribute to a 401k, company profit sharing, vacation, sick and holiday pay; EAP services, and tuition reimbursement. Benefits start the first of the month following 30 days of service (unless otherwise noted in plan description).
Herr Foods Inc. is a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer M/F/Veterans/Disabilities