Hours: Monday - Friday 3:30pm - 1:00am. Additional hours as needed due to business demands.
This position is full-time benefit eligible. Herr’s is proud to offer a variety of quality benefits and wellness programs where we have been recognized as a 5-time Well Workplace Award winner in the area! Elective benefits include medical, dental, vision and hearing insurance; long term disability, life insurance, accident, hospital and critical illness indemnity plans, and legal plans. The company also provides opportunities to contribute to a 401k, company profit sharing, vacation, sick and holiday pay; EAP services, and tuition reimbursement. Benefits start the first of the month following 30 days of service (unless otherwise noted in plan description).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Yard Truck Duties:
- Hook and un-hook trailers and perform inspections on trailers while doing so. Must report any maintenance issues to supervisor right away.
- Move and back trailers into loading docks.
- Move trailers from plant warehouse to the North East, Auxiliary and the Nottingham Branch Warehouses.
- May involve loading or unloading trailers.
- Ensure load is secure when moving trailers.
- Ensure load is secure when the load is completed and close and lock down the doors.
- Ensure trailer is secure to dock with wheel chocks and GLAD locks when dock lock is not available.
- Inspect trailers to ensure dollies are secure for trailer to be loaded.
- Must wear the proper personal protective equipment for performing each duty.
- Must maintain a safe, neat, and clean work environment.
- Perform all duties in a safe manner by following all safety guidelines as described in the safety code of conduct. Attends and participates in all safety meetings and is committed to working safely.
- Less than high school education; or up to six months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous trailer driving experience preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a valid CDL Class A License.
- Must possess a stable work history with good references.
- Must be able to read, write, understand and speak English.
Any questions about this position or any others, please contact the Human Resources department at 610-932-6500 or email@example.com
Herr Foods Inc.is a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer M/F/Veterans/Disabilities