This position is full-time benefit eligible. Herr’s is proud to offer a variety of quality benefits and wellness programs where we have been recognized as a 5-time Well Workplace Award winner in the area! Elective benefits include medical, dental, vision and hearing insurance; long term disability, life insurance, accident, hospital and critical illness indemnity plans, and legal plans. The company also provides opportunities to contribute to a 401k, company profit sharing, vacation, sick and holiday pay; EAP services, and tuition reimbursement. Benefits start the first of the month following 30 days of service (unless otherwise noted in plan description).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Drives truck to destinations including branch and distributor locations.
- Observes all rules of the road pertaining to being a safe and courteous driver.
- Hooking and un-hooking from trailers.
- Conduct pre-trip and post-trip inspections for defects on both the truck and the trailer before and after trips and submits report indicating truck and trailer conditions.
- Maintains driver logs and state to state mileage according to I.C. regulations.
- Unload trailers, make pickups and properly handle product while doing so.
- Operate on board computer to produce logs and other information as required.
- Accurately counts and documents changes to product unloaded from trailers.
- Follow all safety guidelines as described in the safety code of conduct.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and two years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. 1 year Herr’s yard truck driver experience preferred.
- Must be able to operate the on board computer and Cadec.
- Must have a valid driver's license in the current state of residence with a good driving record. Must have a valid CDL class "A" license and a complete driver's qualification file.
- Applicants must pass a pre placement screening, demonstrating the ability to perform the physical requirements of the position. Must pass DOT physical as well. Must possess a stable work history with good references. Must have a safe driving record.
- Incumbents need to be 21 years of age, due to crossing state lines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and drive for up to 11 hours. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or bend. The employee must frequently stretch above shoulder height. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. The employee must have vision corrected to 20/30 or better with normal depth perception and peripheral vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Any questions about this position or any others, please contact the Human Resources department at 610-932-6500 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Herr Foods Inc.is a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer M/F/Veterans/Disabilities