Hours: Monday - Friday 12:00am - 7:00am; up to 29 hours per week.
This position is part-time benefit eligible. Elective benefits include basic dental and vision coverage, critical illness insurance, accident insurance, hospital indemnity, a prepaid legal plan, and identity theft protection. The company also provides opportunities to contribute to a 401k and provides EAP services. Benefits start the first of the month following 30 days of service (unless otherwise noted in the plan description)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Hand pack bags of product as they come off the production line.
- Package or hand fill product into cartons, cans and specialty containers.
- Assemble and label boxes.
- Load empty cases in case packers.
- Fill seasoning applicators in the cooking room.
- Inspect products, product bags and cases of products for defects and proper seals; proper codes, dates and prices; package weigh and close finished cases or containers.
- Alerts supervisor of any problems found during package inspection.
- Must meet production quality and quantity goals.
- Re-packs / re-works items as necessary.
- May be required to hand pick defective product on production lines.
- Clean and sanitize plant and plant equipment, including packaging machines, walls, floors, ovens, etc.
- Must wear proper personal protective equipment for performing each duty.
- Must attend all safety and SQF (Safe Quality Food) meetings and/or training sessions and be committed to working to these standards.
- May be requested to temporarily cover Packer work assignments in other areas of production, including Chips, Allied, and Plant 2 according to business demands.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess a stable work history with good references.
- Must pass a pre-placement screening which tests the ability to perform the physical requirements of the position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee must have vision corrected to 20/30 or better. The employee must have good balance on slippery surfaces. The employee must work with airborne seasonings, cardboard dust, work with latex gloves, work with cleaning solutions and work with hands in hot water. Must be able to maintain sustained concentration for up to three hours at a time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must be able to work in slippery floor conditions and with airborne seasonings and will be exposed to cardboard dust. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Any questions about this position or any others, please contact the Human Resources department at 610-932-6500 or email@example.com
Herr Foods Inc.is a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer M/F/Veterans/Disabilities