Hours: A general workweek is Monday to Friday from 11:00pm to 7:00am; additional hours may be required due to business demands.
This position is full-time benefit eligible. Herr’s is proud to offer a variety of quality benefits and wellness programs where we have been recognized as a 5-time Well Workplace Award winner in the area! Elective benefits include medical, dental, vision and hearing insurance; long term disability, life insurance, accident, hospital and critical illness indemnity plans, and legal plans. The company also provides opportunities to contribute to a 401k, company profit sharing, vacation, sick and holiday pay; EAP services, and tuition reimbursement. Benefits start the first of the month following 30 days of service (unless otherwise noted in plan description).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Hand pack bags of product as they come off the production line.
- Package or hand fill product into cartons, cans and specialty containers.
- Assemble and label boxes.
- Load empty cases in case packers.
- Fill seasoning applicators in the cooking room.
- Inspect products, product bags and cases of products for defects and proper seals; proper codes, dates and prices; package weigh and close finished cases or containers.
- Alerts supervisor of any problems found during package inspection.
- Must meet production quality and quantity goals.
- Re-packs / re-works items as necessary.
- May be required to hand pick defective product on production lines.
- Sweeps, mops, and scrubs the production area including walls, ceilings and floors.
- Cleans and sanitizes packaging machines.
- Cleans and sanitizes potato processing equipment.
- Empties plant trash and garbage containers.
- Must wear the proper personal protective equipment for performing each duty.
- Must complete post op checklists that are associated with written allergen programs and HACCP.
- Must follow and be committed to proper GMP's (Good Manufacturing Practices).
- Follow all safety guidelines as described in the safety code of conduct while working in an environment that requires climbing and working in confined spaces. .
- Attend and participate in all safety meetings and be committed to working safety.
- Attend and participate in all Safe Quality Food (SQF) training meetings and be committed to working to these standards.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to read, write, understand and speak English.
- Must possess a stable work history with good references.
- Must place a pre-placement screening which tests the ability to perform the physical requirements of the position.
Any questions about this position or any others, please contact the Human Resources department at 610-932-6500 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Herr Foods Inc.is a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer M/F/Veterans/Disabilities