We are seeking candidates for this File Clerk position who can perform various basic clerical tasks, including managing and maintaining physical and digital filing systems, operating office equipment, and completing general office work. The File Clerk is responsible for responding in a timely, professional and courteous manner to customer inquiries and complaints. The File Clerk will communicate effectively with team members within the customer service department. The File Clerk will be required to attend training on an as needed basis.
The hours for this position is 11:00 pm to 7: 30 am and includes every Saturday and/or Sunday–based on scheduling needs. Employees will have 2 days off during the normal week.
Essential Duties/ Responsibilities
• Answers inquiries by clarifying desired information; researching, locating, and providing information in a timely and accurate manner
• Create, process, and maintain important documents in accordance with established filing processes.
• Prepare files for storage or disposal in accordance with established document retention schedules.
• Print important documents to prepare new files or add to existing.
• Resolves problems by clarifying issues; researching and exploring answers and alternative solutions; implementing solutions; escalating unresolved problems
• Accurately enter information into database.
• Fulfills request by clarifying desired information; completing transactions; forwarding request
• Perform all things related to quality control related to proper document filings
• According to specified guidelines, order high volume of letters, memoranda, invoices, and other indexed documents
• Gathering and indexing materials to be filed from departments and employees
• Ensure projects are completed in timely manner
• Handle clerical tasks like word processing, filing, scanning, archiving, and faxing
• Find and collect data according to company time frames
• Field and answer questions about records and files
• Proficient in handling office equipment
• Be able to adapt and thrive in constantly changing environments
• Ability to multitask effectively
• Word and Excel experience is desired
• Notify supervisor of ongoing problems
• Performs other related duties assigned
Required Education/ Experience
• High School Diploma or G.E.D equivalent required
• Strong customer service skills and 2+ years of previous customer service experience (scheduling, taking in-bound calls and making outbound calls)
• 2+ years of experience with case management systems
• Knowledge of medical terminology
• Problem solving skills
• Data Entry Skills
• Excellent Computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Able to maintain confidentiality
• Able to work under minimal supervision
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Always Best Care Senior Services is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, natural origin, qualified disability or veteran status, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, sex or any other legally protected category.